PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO THE CURRENT COVID-19 SITUATION AND IN LINE WITH CURRENT ADVICE ALL BOOKED SESSIONS HAVE BEEN POSTPONED. AS SOON AS THIS ADVICE CHANGES I WILL BE IN TOUCH TO ARRANGE ALTERNATIVE DATES . PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN SESSIONS EITHER OVER THE PHONE OR VIA FACETIME/SKYPE.
One to one relaxation sessions and massage.
Please see my early years page for children’s one to one session.
In 2011 I expanded my training with a course run by the Stress Consultancy team to incorporate Relaxation Therapy in to my practice for adults.
I have a private practice in Saffron Walden where I can work on a one to basis with you.
My Stress Consultancy programme uses relaxation methods to support people who are under stress and who would like to learn some relaxation techniques to improve their overall health and well-being. I will work with you to formulate your own personal relaxation programme. We will initially talk about your own needs and what you hope to gain from the sessions. I work in a very practical way, where we make sure that the methods I teach you fit easily in to your daily life.
We will initially work on:
- The basic background of stress. The science and physiological side of stress. Getting an understanding of it may help you. Why we have it, and what may be causing it. Its benefits and drawbacks.
- Basic facts of stress and the body, nutrition, sleep, exercise, mindfulness and practical tips. combining these teachings with your own relaxation preferences.
- The three main types of relaxation. Deep breathing, guided imagery and body relaxation.
- Time management methods. Smart phones, technology and social media and how to make them work for you.
- We will move on to make you your own personal relaxation recording to use when ever you need to.
- At the end of the relaxation programme I will give you a handout about stress and your own personal relaxation programme to use in daily life.
You will need between three and four sessions depending on your needs.
I trained as a Holistic Massage Therapist in 1991 with further training in 1997 as an Indian Head Massage Therapist.
I offer Holistic massage at the Saffron Walden Osteopathic clinic.
I offer massage tailored to a person’s individual needs, focusing on mind and body. I incorporates Indian head massage into the traditional type of deep holistic massage for complete relaxation.