Due to the current covid 19 situation sessions are being run via Zoom. Please contact me if you would like some more information. On 07966579345.
One to one relaxation sessions and massage.
Please see my early years and Youth mindfulness pages for children’s one to one session.
In 2011 I expanded my training with a course run by the Stress Consultancy team to incorporate Relaxation Therapy in to my practice for adults.
I have a private practice in Saffron Walden where I can work on a one to basis with you.
My Stress Consultancy programme uses relaxation methods to support people who are under stress and who would like to learn some relaxation techniques to improve their overall health and well-being. I will work with you to formulate your own personal relaxation programme. We will initially talk about your own needs and what you hope to gain from the sessions. I work in a very practical way, where we make sure that the methods I teach you fit easily in to your daily life.
We will work on:
- The basic background of stress. Neuroscience and physiological side of stress. Getting an understanding of it will help you. Why we have it, and what may be causing it. Its benefits and drawbacks.
- Basic facts of stress and the body, nutrition, sleep, exercise, mindfulness and practical tips. Combining these teachings with your own relaxation preferences.
- The three main types of relaxation. Deep breathing, relaxing the body. Guided imagery and stilling the over thinking brain.
- Time management methods and how to avoid overwhelm. Smart phones, technology and social media and how to have resilience in our modern day world.
- We will move on to make you your own personal relaxation programme to use whenever you need to.
- You will receive all the course notes via email.
You will need between four and five sessions depending on your needs.
I trained as a Holistic Massage Therapist in 1991 with further training in 1997 as an Indian Head Massage Therapist.
I offer Holistic massage at the Saffron Walden Osteopathic clinic.
I offer massage tailored to a person’s individual needs, focusing on mind and body. I incorporates Indian head massage into the traditional type of deep holistic massage for complete relaxation.